Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Sweet Potato Tutorial

So... lets be honest... making baby food isn't hard -- yet I own a cookbook for it. It really cracks me up since all recipes really boil down (pun intended) to 3 steps:

1. Cut up into small pieces
2. Steam
3. Puree

But I got this nifty little all in one baby food cooker from my sister, so decided to try it out. I forgot to take a picture of the sweet potato before I cut it up, but who doesn't know what a sweet potato looks like, right?

The nifty machine tells you just how much water to add to steam the food of choice

It then turns itself off when done

Add the blades and the water from the steaming process

My assistant is amazed at how easy this is...

Done!!!

My 1 large sweet potato made 10 oz of baby food. I labeled and froze for future use

The critics give it 2 thumbs up!


Thankfully she loves sweet potato. We tried avocado, but she wasn't into it yet. We'll have to try again later.

Overall, I love the ease of the all in one baby food maker. It is easy to clean and really doesn't take long. Plus, its really no fail since it tells you the right amount of water to use.

The one drawback really is its size. It just barely fit one sweet potato and when I tried apples in it later, I again couldn't fit more than one in at a time. So, if you want to make a lot of baby food at one time, it might be better to steam on the stove top and then use to puree, but is perfect when trying new fruits/veggies and don't want to make large quantities.

No comments: