Monday, September 12, 2011

I love bananas

At our last well baby visit our pediatrician told us we could start some solids with Bean whenever we wanted. I didn't want to start too early, but I started to notice she was staring at every bite I would take during dinner, as if to say..."Give me some of that mom. Pretty please!!". So I decided she was ready and started her on a little oatmeal.

While she didn't really seem to mind oatmeal and would eat a little bit, she really is in love with bananas. She'll open up her mouth really wide and is always ready for more.






Next up in the line-up:

- Avocados
- Sweet Potatoes

Beyond that, I haven't really given it much thought, but since you have to try each food for 2-3 days before adding another one, then that should last us a while. Hoping she's as in love with the Avo and Sweet Potato as she is with bananas. Fingers Crossed!

My goal is to make my own baby food, but so far I've just mashed up a banana, so I don't think that really counts. We'll be breaking out the fancy baby food maker my sister found on clearance at TJMaxx for under $10 that normally retails for $100 (what?! Now that's a bargain!).

No comments: