Thursday, August 11, 2011

Ramblings on Motherhood

While my little princess takes her morning nap, I thought I'd share some of the random things that go through my head while I'm home with my girl.

- If I mention sleep on my blog, will she regress again? She had a good week or 2 there where she slept from about 10:30 - 7am and then for no apparent reason started waking up again 1-2 times a night (YAWN!). For a baby with reflux, that means it's about a full hour of awake time for mama, so she won't spit up her meal. Then suddenly this week, she's back to sleeping from 10:30 - 7am (YAY)! This is the 3rd day in a row, so hoping it's not a fluke and that I don't jinx myself by blogging about it.

- Rolling over comes in spurts and she will go several days without attempting... is this normal?

- According to Onnie (my mom) Bean is teething! Can you believe it? I started noticing she was sucking on her ENTIRE hand over the past week or so and just thought it was an alternative to the paci, but realized when she rejected the paci for her fingers or would clamp down and try to chew on the paci that she is indeed teething!

- Love how yoga pants and a nursing tank can double time it as PJ and acceptable daywear (at least in my head)

- Bean has started to take an interest on what's on our plates, though I still think she's a little young to try any herself. We did set up her highchair so she can see what's going on at the table and think she gets a kick out of this view.

- And finally I'll leave you with a picture of my cuteness. After visiting the Pediatric Opthomologist for a quick check up the other day, she got to wear these super cool sunglasses and surprisingly kept them on - haha

1 comment:

Camille Platt said...

1) they like to "master" a certain skill then forget about it for a while. (the rolling.) totally normal.

2) i don't think we are anywhere close to sleeping through the night over here

she's a doll!