Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Chicken Crock Pot Crack

So I've recently become addicted to Pinterest. Though I have to admit I'm a better pinner than a follow-througher on doing some of these fabulous pins.

Recently I pinned a "Chicken Crock Pot Crack" recipe and thought since it looked so darn easy I had to try it. It's now one of my favorite recipes because it's 1) Easy - hardly any prep unless you count rinsing black beans as prep and it cooks itself, 2) Cheap - 99% of the time I have these ingredients in my house - with maybe the exception of cream cheese, and 3) Makes enough for left overs - enough said. And lastly, 4) SO GOOD!! It really is Crock Pot Crack!

I was too lazy to take picutres myself, so I'm borrowing these from the original blogger that I found this recipe from via Pinterest. (see link above). She gives more detailed instructions, but it's basically this:

  • Dump the following contents into your crockpot:
    1. Bag of Frozen Chicken Breasts
    2. Can of Rotel
    3. Can of Corn (drained)
    4. Can of Black Beans (Drained and rinsed)
    5. 1 Block of cream cheese (any kind but fat free)
  • Cook on low for 6-8 hrs.
  • Let stand for 30-45 mins
  • Serve over Rice



You can shread the chicken or leave whole. I shreaded it and then served as nachos the next night topped with cheese. Yum!

No comments: