Thursday, June 23, 2011

As She Grows... Month 4

So I just realized I never blogged about Bean's monthly changing and growth... BAD MOMMY!! Bean just celebrated month 4 on Monday and went to the Dr yesterday for her well visit and shots (boo). For your 4 month present, we found out that we could offically remove your apnea monitor and are offically cord free or as cousin Ellie calls them "Electrical Cords" - ha! Mommy teared up when you got your shots yesterday, but by the next morning you were all smiles. Fingers crossed for no fever!

4 months stats (6 weeks adjusted):
- 8 lbs 11 oz
- 20.5 inches

Your current activites and favorites:
  • Smiling and Laughing are one of your favorite activities. You have been doing so for several weeks now, though every time I try to capture on film, you suddenly get a very serious face.
  • You are a very happy baby in the morning and love it when you are sung to. Mommy and Daddy are willing to act silly to get you to crack a smile.
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear is your favorite book (let's be honest, it's the only book we've read to you so far) but you light up looking at the pages and your eyes get huge taking in the images on the page.
  • Every couple days you love to projectile vomit on mommy, daddy and yourself and look quite pleased with yourself afterwards.
  • The Soothie paci from the hospital is your FAVORITE! If I even try to give you a different kind you spit it out immediately.
  • Scaling Mommy and Daddy is your favorite Tummy time activity and you have great neck control for such a tiny thing.
  • Since about 1 month adjusted you started giving us longer stretches at night - ranging between 4-5 hours a night!
  • Crying is a rarity and you usually just start grunting or sucking on your hand when you are hungry.
  • You've been home now 8 weeks - still a week shy of the amount you spent in the hospital, but that memory is getting more and more distant. It seems like you've been with us forever and can't imagine life without you.
  • You have such a sweet disposition. Your Onnie keeps telling us how lucky we have to have such an easy baby and I have to agree. You truly are so sweet and have been kind breaking in your first time parents. (Now that I have typed this... this doesn't mean you can prove me wrong)
I've taken a picture with your pink bear every month since you arrived home to mark your growth. Since Mommy didn't post the previous months shots, I've included those as well.

4 months (6 weeks adjusted)
8 lbs 11 oz, 20.5 inches

3 months (12 days adjusted)
6lbs 6 oz

2 months (38 weeks gestation adjusted)
5 lbs 5 oz, 18.5 inches

1 comment:

Kat said...

She is precious! So impressed with how awesome she is doing! Also...she is ALMOST as big as Elliot was when she was born..that is crazy! Love her little pictures!