Our sweet baby girl is ONE! I just can't get over it. Our little 2 lb miracle is now a speed-crawling, into everything (including the dog food), smiley, funny, giggling little girl!
We had a blast celebrating her first birthday with family and friends last Saturday. Lydia was quite the hostess greeting all her guests at the door with a HUGE smile and a little wave. She already has such a social personality. She doesn't get grumpy or anything in large groups - even if its past her nap time. She just turns on her mega watt smile and goes with the flow. Think we have a little social butterfly on our hands for sure.
Her party theme was SUGAR & SPICE (and everything nice) and we decided to have a sugar and sweets table with cupcakes, cookies, candies, and some pink lemonade. The Spice table held jalapeno poppers, buffalo chicken fingers, chips, salsa and cheese for dipping. We served what I like to call "Chicken Crack" to go with the Spicy/Mexican dinner theme. It's also VERY easy to prepare and quite yummy. You may remember it from when I blogged about it a few months ago - here.
I went a little crazy with making decorations with the help of Pinterest of course! I made a few banners for her highchair and table displays. I also made a month by month banner (see fireplace pic above) which was a neat way to see her grow each month with her little pink bear.
After reviewing our pictures from the night, I realized I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I wanted of all the guests and festivities, so I'm hoping some of Lydia's aunties and grandmas captured more memories than I did.
Here are a few from her getting ready, greeting the guests, cake and of course her two grandpas (Papa and Poppy). Not sure why we didn't do the same with the grandmas. Probably because the papas were hovering around the food before the party started, waiting for me to tell them to dig in :) Guess I know where she gets her good appetite from, huh?!
Happy Birthday sweet Lydia! We are so blessed to be your parents and love getting to watch you grow and mature each day. You have brought so much joy into our lives and its hard to even remember what life was like before you were born. We love you so very much!
I still have a few more birthday posts coming, so stay tuned....


No comments:
Post a Comment