Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lydia's First Year Video

As part of Lydia's first birthday festivities, we put together a video slideshow of her first year to share at the party. I'm not going to lie, you'll probably cry. You should have seen me trying to put together the video -- looking back at her first months of life in the NICU and then coupling that with emo music... lets just say there were several times I had to take a break and have a good cry.

Even when we played it at the party, I was a teary mess and I was the one person who knew what was coming next.

She is truly a miracle and is such a blessing from God. Reflecting back on Lydia's first year, you realize just how fragile life really is and how all you can do is rest in knowing God will take care of your little girl.

I found the first song we used in the slide show from a friends blog, who had a child born with a heart defect and needed open heart surgery. Matt Hammitt wrote "All of Me" as well as many other songs on his "Every Falling Tear" CD when his son was also born with a heart defect. While Lydia never had to undergo any surgeries, the fear and uncertainty he shares in his songs lines up pretty well with our experience in the NICU and all the questions and unknowns we faced.

The second song, "Safe and Sound" by Matthew West is a sweet song about bringing your baby home and just love the lyrics with this one as well. I was familiar with some of Matthew West's other songs on the radio, but had never heard this one before. It really is so sweet!

Lastly, I had to end with something upbeat and happy -- especially since I have such an upbeat and happy little girl. Who doesn't love "Isn't She Lovely"?? Especially when its sung by the cast of Glee!!

Here is the video we made of our little girl's 1st year! Enjoy!

(Sorry its a little grainy on here for some reason, but hopefully it's not too bad to view)




BTW - this is my 100th post! What better way to celebrate than with memories of my baby's 1st year!

1 comment:

Mrs.Hulse said...

Words cannot express our thanksgiving for the blessing that is Lydia, our precious gift from God.
love,
Onnie and Papa