Friday, October 28, 2011

Second Mommy

In case you weren't aware, Lydia actually has two mommies. Myself and our beloved Sadie. Sadie is quick on her feet, always atuned to the slightly whine or whimper from our girl. She's the first one up the stairs and offers reinforcement during tummy time via kisses.

Well you may ask... who is this Sadie? She is our doggie.

Our doggie, who when we adopted her nearly 3 years ago was so scared, she'd hide behind the couch, never barked and wouldn't even lay in her bed... poor little thing.





Motherhood has changed Sadie as well. While she slowly became more comfortable with us, laying on the couch (when I'm not looking), begging for treats, etc... She has come out of her shell even more to keep watch over Lydia.

She now barks when the doorbell rings or if family walks in without her knowing it. She even comes to check on us in the middle of the night if I'm in Lydia's room.

During the day, she can frequently be found napping besides Lydia's crib or sprinting up the stairs at the slightest sound from the baby monitor. She's mommy's little helper and I'm pretty sure she considers herself Lydia's mommy too.

Here is Sadie waking up from her nap when I came to check on Lydia

1 comment:

Gretchen, Justin, Elizabeth and Blake said...

Oh my word. I love love love the pic of Sadie in Lydia's nursery.

Pure love! xoxo