We are finally done with family birthdays...phew!! The year starts off with a bang... my birthday in January, Lydia's in February and Kyle's in March. My birthday was easy! All I had to do was show up and be surprised and eat cake, but the last two took more planning on my part.
After we finished the 1st birthday extravangza for Lydia, I started planning Kyle's 30th birthday surprise. My original plan was to surprise him and take him on a trip, but things didn't go quite as planned.
Kyle's birthday was in the middle of the week and I wanted to surprise him with a trip to see his family as well as do a fun activity that weekend. I had come up with the idea of going to a golf tournament that was taking place in his home town the same weekend as his birthday. Win-Win for seeing family and fun activity.
I ended up caving and telling him ahead of time due to work issues that came up and didn't want to purchase airfare, tickets, etc... if it wasn't going to work out. So, I was a little bummed it wasn't a total surprise, but at least he didn't have to plan anything!
I'm so glad we are finally both 30, so he can stop giving me a hard time about it!!
Here are some of the pics from his birthday morning. I got him the grown up gift of sports coats... haha! Nothing says old man like a sports coat, but seriously, he needs these so BADLY!
Kyle's fav - cookie cake!
My girlie showing off her new teeth
(Excuse the blurriness. She's always too busy to sit still these days)
(Excuse the blurriness. She's always too busy to sit still these days)
We had a fantastic time celebrating Kyle's birthday with friends and family. Also glad we survived our first plane ride with a baby. She did great and was amazed by everything to look at along the way.



No comments:
Post a Comment