Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Help

While we were at the beach, my mom let me borrow one of her new books, The Help. I was hooked from page 1. The story details the life of women in the 1960s in Jackson, Mississippi. It contrasts the life of society women and the maids that work for them. The story is told so well and was hard to put down. Don't want to give away too much, because you really should read it for yourself. When I got home I realized they are making it into a movie that comes out next month.

I'm super excited to see this film and if you are looking for a new book to read this summer, I would highly recommend this one.

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Loved this book!!! I am so excited to see the movie too. I think Emma Stone is going to be a great Skeeter :)