Monday, May 9, 2011

A few of my favorite things

Since bringing our little bean home I have a new list of my favorite things:


1. Fisher Price Rocker/Sleeper - The least expensive "swing" is Bean's favorite. It doesn't take batteries, has to be manually rocked and doesn't make any noise, vibrate or play music, but has the ability to put Bean to sleep and stay asleep the longest.


2. Oxi-Clean - this girl likes to spit up - A LOT! Bean has reflux and likes to projectile spit all over herself and whoever is feeding her - especially after her iron vitamin; which is a nasty shade of swamp green. So far all her clothes (and mine) have come out clean after a pre-treatment of Oxi-Clean. My poor sister got it pretty bad last week when she came over for the day and needed an entire wardrobe change. Sorry Sissy!!

3. The Swaddle - The nurses in the NICU were pros at wrapping Bean in a swaddle with a regular blanket - Mommy - not so much! I sort of forgot I had a Swaddle Me for the first week and once I discovered it in her drawer, I noticed how much faster she fell asleep with it on.

4. The Breast Pump - My pump has been my best friend since Bean was born - especially since I couldn't nurse her for the longest time. I now have a HUGE stash in our freezer, so much so that we had to buy a deep freezer. Anyone need any breast milk?? My fear is one day it will stop working since I use it a million times a day. If that happened I think I'd seriously cry!

5. Bean - Maybe I should have lead with this one, but seriously can't get over my little girl! She is so precious and really is such an easy baby - especially since all the preemie books keep saying preemies are fussy and can be difficult. We have really been blessed with this bundle of sweetness. We started calling her Little Bean in the hospital and the name has stuck. I figured it would be nice to have a little nickname for the blogsphere, so Bean it is.

No comments: