Since Lydia's early arrival we are learning how to fully rely on God to take care of our little girl and has been neat to see Him answer all our specific prayers. Think this is the first time I ever prayed for poop or for someone to gain weight :)
Lydia has made a lot of progress in the past week for a preemie and we have been able to witness first hand how God answers prayer.
She is now off her nasal cannula; which means she's breathing completely on her own and doesn't need the cannula to keep her airways open!
We had another first today and Lydia was able to take a bottle from me. We weren't sure if her sucking skills would be developed enough, but she did a fantastic job and was even able to take breaks and breathe without help; which I'm told is another developmental hurtle. She ate like a champ... or like an Edwards as I like to tease Kyle.
The last piece of good news is that she is getting weaned from her heated isolette! She started wearing clothes today and should be able to move to an open bed in a few days!
We are so proud of our girl and the progress she has made. God has been with us every step of the way and is neat to see Him strengthen and help Lydia grow each day.
Here is a quick shot of Lydia right after her nasal cannula was removed on Friday!

1 comment:
Annie, I'm so excited to hear the good news! I've been following her progress here and on facebook, and I know you and Kyle are so happy. I'll continue to keep Lydia in my prayers for further growth, temperature stability, and to continue to be infection-free!
Post a Comment