Thursday, November 13, 2008

Jacksonville Search & Rescue

This past weekend the Edwards clan met up in Jacksonville. Towards the end of our trip we went downtown for a bite to eat before driving back to Atlanta. Who knew we would get front row seats to Search and Rescue practice.

At first we thought something was wrong. I mean, why else would the helicopter zoom up the inner coastal and drop 2 guys in wet suits into the water.
But no, these guys fly down, drop 2 guys in the water, hover for 10 mins or so and then leave. It was sort of like our own mini chopper air show.

(I'll go ahead now and apologize for my stellar video abilities... )


Here's another short video of the guys in the water. We were all quite curious as to what was going on...especially the poor guy who's boat got soaked during the process. He probably thought 'What did I do?'






Few more pics of the helicopter for those who are as fascinated about this as I am...



The spray from the chopper got us all wet


The only person that came up in the crate was the scuba diver


No comments: